PU synthetic leather
What’s PU Synthetic Leather
- The synthetic leather is made with PolyUrethane resin. It can be coated on substrates or dipped into substrates.
- PolyUrethane is any polymer consisting of a chain of organic units joined by urethane (carbamate) links.
(-NH-CO-O-) in molecular structure.
- PU resin has lots of functions that can apply for shoe making material and other industries. Features of PU are advantage in hydrolysis, bonding strength, abrasion and flexibility…..etc
Producing process of PU synthetic leather
Enhance hand-feel and get strong physical properties
Flow Chart of Wet process
To get colors, effects and texture.
Flow Chart of Dry process
Bar tape processing
- Embossing (need to open tooling)
- Screen Printing (need to open tooling)
The different Treatment after bar tape process
- T2 – friction enhance
- T6 – tacky feel - recommend for golf grip
- TT30 – easy to clean - usually used on baseball grip & bicycle bar tape